Sunday, August 31, 2014

Past Simple Tense in Urdu

Definition:

We use the Past Simple tense to talk about something that happened in
the past/ Past Simple Tense woh hy jis se ye pata chalta hy k koi kaam
maazi me huwa ya hota raha, pr ab ya mustaqbil me hoga ya nhi hoga is
ka hamay ilm nhi.

Past Simple Structure in English:

Positive/Musbit:
Subject  +  2nd form of verb +  Object
      I         +        played            +  cricket (example)
      I         +          ate                +  mango.  (example)

Signs of Past Simple:

1. Second form is used/ Past simple me verb is second form istamal
    hoti hy.
eg. I write a letter. I wrote a letter. (Mene khat likha. )
2. When we make a question we use "did", and first form of verb is used
    istead of second form of verb/ Past Simple me sawaal bananay k liye
    "did" istamal kiya jata hy, our second form k badlay first form istamal
    ki jati hy.
eg. Did you lived abroad? Did you live abroad?
                (Kiya tum bahir rehte thay)
3. In negative sentences, "didn't/did not" is used./ Mnnfi jumlo me
    "didn't/did notistamal kiya jata hy.
eg. I did not drink tea. ( Mene cha'ay nhi pee.)
4. Whenever "did" is used in Past Simple, first form of verb is used
    instead of second form.
eg. Did you lived abroad?/Did you live abroad?(Kiya tum bahir rehte thay?)
      I did not drank tea.    /  I did not drink tea.  (Mene cha'ay nhi pee.)
      I did not knew him. /   I did not know him. (May ussay nhi jaanta tha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment