Sunday, November 6, 2016

Rather: Example Sentences

How to use #Rather in a sentence. Example sentences for Rather with Urdu and Hindi translation.

1.
The first question was rather difficult.
[Pehla sawal thora/kuch/qadray mushkil tha.]


2. 
It's rather a hot today, isn't it?
[Aaj kuch garmi hy na?]


3.
The game was rather difficult.
[Game kuch mushkil thi. / Game thori mushkil thi. / Game qadray mushkil thi.]

4.

I was rather surprised to see her with her ex-husband.
[May Ussay uske saabiqah shohar k saath dekh kr kuch herat me par gaya tha.]

5. 
He seemed rather unhappy.
[Woh kuch na'kush dikhai de raha tha.]


6. 
She looks rather like her mother.
[Woh kafi apne abbu ki trah dikhta hy.]


7. 
Malaria is rather common in this area.
[Is elaqay me malaria kafi aam hy.]

8.
You're driving rather fast, don't you think?
[Tumhe nhi lagta tum kuch tayz gari chala rahe ho?]


9.
The exam was rather easy.
[Exam qadray aasaan tha. / Exam kaafi aasaan tha.]


10.
I'm rather busy.
[May thora masruuf hoon.]


11.
She fell and hurt her leg rather badly.
[Woh gir gai our uske payr me kafi buray tariqay se chot aai.]

12.
I was rather hoping you'd call.
[Mujhay to ummeed thi k tum call karo gay.]



13.
I rather think he was telling a lie.
[Mera to khayal hy k woh jhuut bol raha tha.]

14.
He should try to take singles rather than going for a boundary.
[Boundary k bajaey ussay singles lene ki koshish krni chahiye.]

15.
Why didn't you ask for help, rather than trying to do it on your own?
[Apni madad aap k tehet krne ki koshish krne k bajaey tumne madad kyun nhi maangli?]

16.
I'd rather stay at home all day than go out with them. (I'd = I would)
[May sara din ghar pr rehna pasand kroonga bajaey uske saath bahir janay k.]

17.
She didn't go along, but rather went home instead.
[Woh saath nhi gai, bulkay is k bajaey ghar chalay gai.]

18.
I don't like chocolate—rather, I love chocolate.
[Mujhay chocolate pasand nhi, balkay mujhay chocolate se piyaar hy.]

19.
It cost me rather a lot of money.
[Yeh mujhay kafi mehenga para.]

20.
Rather than pay the taxi fare, he walked home.
[Taxi ka kiraya dene k bajaey woh ghar chala gaya.]


21.
I would rather die than beg. 
[Me mar jaunga magar bheek nhi maangoon ga. / Me bheek maangne k bajaey mar jana pasand karoonga.]

22.
He wanted to be a doctor rather than a scientist.
[Woh scientist bannay k bajaey doctor banna chahata tha.]


23.
May I come today?
[Kiya me aaj aa sakta hoon.]Don’t come today. I would rather you came tomorrow.
[Aaj mat aao. (Balkay) Me chahun ga k tum kal aao.]


24.
I'd rather go for dinner.


[(Balkay) Me dinner per jana pasand kroonga.]

25.
I'd rather you went for dinner.
[(Balkay) Me chahun ga k tum dinner pr jao.]

26.
I'd rather you became a doctor.
[(Balkay) Me chahun ga k tum doctor bano.]


Please correct me if you notice any error.
Don't forget to like my Facebook page if this post helped you.
.........

No comments:

Post a Comment