Tuesday, July 15, 2014

tell: Urdu meaning

#tell, #tells, #telling, #told
1.Definitions: (verb)
1. when you tell someone something or tell something to someone, you give them information by speaking or writing / [batana]
2. to express something using words / [batana (kisi ko kuch sunana)]3. to order or advise someone to do something / [(kuch krne ko) kehna]


2. Idioms / Phrases
1. to tell (you) the truth: to be frank; to be honest (used to indicate that you are telling someone something in an open an honest way, without trying to hide anything) / [sach kahoon to]

Example Sentences:
1. Have you told everyone when and where the meeting will be? (1)
2. My grandmother told me a story. (1.2)
3. Tell me where is he? (1.1)
4. I was told to bring a cake. (1.3)
5. To tell you the truth, I didn't remember your birthday. (2.1)
(Sach kahoon to mujhay tumhara janam din yaad nhi tha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment